Meet Rose Littlewood

 


Meet Rose Littlewood. I found this photo of her on Ancestry.com. I'd never seen a photo of her before so it was great to see her. This photo has been colourised by me. The original is posted below. At first the image of Rose was a little confronting. I guess it shattered the image I had of a girl named Rose as something sweet and delicate. But I'm glad that the image helps to show some of what life might have been like for Rose. Once I put it through a colourising app I realised that there was softness in her face, she is smiling. I've put a few photos through this process now as I feel seeing things in colour bring them almost into the present. It helps us see them differently to just black and white. 

Rose is my current research project and I will add a separate post about her which I will add to as discoveries are made. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Names

Sarah Weatherstone Part 1 From Birth to Departure

Michael Cotter - The Details